Exhibition Dates: June 8 - August 27, 2023
Call for Entry Dates: December 26, 2022 - March 12, 2023
In this large-scale group exhibition, the Arvada Center Galleries seeks works from contemporary Colorado artists that challenge preconceived definitions of drawing through explorations in rendering, mark-making, gesture, abstraction, realism, form, and beyond, and from artists who celebrate the traditional roots of drawing. Artwork of all media may apply. Big Draw Colorado will be held in the Arvada Center’s expansive Main Gallery.
Artwork will be juried by the Arvada Center Galleries curatorial team.
Before completing your application, please review the eligibility criteria and terms of submission. To complete the application, you will need to gather all relevant information about the pieces you are submitting.
This Main Gallery exhibition will be presented in conjunction with two other drawing-focused exhibitions in the Arvada Center’s Upper Gallery and Theatre Gallery.
Please read thoroughly before beginning your application. There is a non-refundable $35 entry fee to submit work in this exhibition, and a limited number of scholarships are available to offset this cost.
1. Open to all artists over age 18 who currently reside in Colorado.
2. All media are eligible.
3. All applications must be completed online through CaFE; no paper applications will be considered.
1. Artwork must be original (no reproductions of original artworks, e.g. giclee prints or wrapped canvas prints).
2. Artwork must not be previously shown at the Arvada Center.
3. Any artwork not conforming to the selected conditions set forth will be disqualified.
4. Installations, performances, and new-media pieces are encouraged to apply.
5. For specific questions regarding eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Non-refundable entry fee of $35 for up to 3 pieces. Limited entrance fee scholarships are available for artists who are experiencing economic hardship, for artists who identify as Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC), and for artists who identify as a member of the LGBTQIA+ community. Please email email@example.com to request a scholarship.
2. Images may be JPG files only.
3. Crop images to exclude framing and background.
4. Images must represent the work exactly.
5. Label JPG files as follows: Lastname_PieceTitle.jpg (For Example: Doe_DrawingName.jpg).
Delivery and Return of Accepted Work:
1. Shipped work should arrive no later than May 10, 2023. Ship work in sturdy, reusable crates or cartons. Work will be returned in the container and materials in which it arrived. Artists must provide a pre-paid return shipping label.
2. Artwork may be hand-delivered May 15-16, 2023 9:30am - 4:30pm.
3. Arvada Center provides insurance for artworks while on premises.
4. Arvada Center is not responsible for damage or loss during transport.
Sales of Artwork:
1. If artwork is sold, artists will receive payment after the close of the exhibition.
2. Arvada Center retains a 40% commission on art sales. Prices may not be changed after submission.
3. Artwork does not need to be for sale to be selected for the exhibition.
• Deadline for entries: Sunday, March 12, 2023, 11:59 pm. Late entries will not be considered.
• Email notification by March 24, 2023
• Shipped artwork deadline: May 10, 2023
• Hand-delivered artwork: May 15-16, 2021 9:30am - 4:30pm
• Opening Reception: June 8, 2023, 6pm - 9pm
• Final Day of Exhibition: August 27, 2023
• Pick up unsold works: August 29-30, 2023